Seven Ways Africa Shaped the Christian Mind
1. The western idea of the University was conceived in Alexandria.
2. Christian Exegesis (biblical interpretation) first matured in Africa.
3. African biblical interpreters powerfully shaped most of the important Christian doctrines.
4. Africa was the region that first set the pattern and method for seeking wider ecumenical consent on contested points of scripture.
5. The African desert gave birth to worldwide monasticism.
6. Christian Neo-Platonism emerged from Africa.
7. Rhetorical and Dialectical Skills were sharpened in Africa for the Europe’s benefit.